April 17, 2013
It is hard to believe that April is already almost over. Our school year is passing quickly! Thank you for taking the time to review these announcements as well as the calendar on the back of this letter.
Testing is happening at OPES! Specific testing dates are listed on the calendar on the back of this letter. We appreciate all that parents and families do to treat these days as important school days. Ensure that your student is rested for the tests and ready to give their best. It is very helpful for students to be at school on time and prepared. Testing results will arrive sometime in May. Our teachers will share this information as soon as scores are published and available for release.
Thanks to our PTA for all of the wonderful events and activities they coordinate throughout the year. To learn more, visit the PTA page on our school’s website. Here are a few dates that are important:
- April 27—PTA will coordinate various outside projects to celebrate Earth Day. Parents, students, and staff are welcome to come from 9 AM until 12 Noon to work on the playground and butterfly garden.
- May 14—This fun evening will begin at 6:30 PM with a PTA meeting followed by a musical performance for students in PreKindergarten, Kindergarten, and First Grade. After the performance, our teachers will host a “Moving On Up” evening where students and parents will learn more about their next grade level.
Visit our school website for more information on the OPES Science Fair 2013, open to students in Grades 4 & 5.
Don’t forget these fun-filled days! May 10th is for PreKindergarten, Kindergarten, First and Second Grades. May 17th is for Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades.
Registration is now open for the 2013—2014 school year. For upcoming Kindergarten students, register students at Risley Annex and then come to Kindergarten Roundup on May 16th! More information is on the school’s website.
Together, we make a difference in the lives of all of the students at OPES. We appreciate your support and thank you for:
- Helping your student(s) at home with homework and in preparation for CRCT
- Volunteering in our classrooms
- Supporting PTA
- Appreciating teachers on Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6—10)
- Bringing pet food for the Humane Society’s Pet Food Drive
- Cooperating with us as we seek to maintain a safe and friendly school environment
Enjoy Spring! We appreciate all you do to help us make our school such a great place to learn. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
All the best,
Carter Akins, Principal
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|